1) Put the following into your food-processor: onion, sambal, garlic, cumin, coriander, candle nuts, fish paste, galangal and process until you have a paste.
2) Heat the oil and fry the paste for approx 5 minutes, then add the lime leaves and the bay leaves.
3) Add the coconut milk and water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4) Add the prawns and cook until they turn pink, do not overcook them.
5) Taste the sauce, add in salt and sugar.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and me,Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Moon from Food Playground at this post.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest: Indonesia, hosted by Alice from I Love. I Cook. I Bake.